Configure the Quiz application
Work with Cloud Pub/Sub
Create an cloud spanner instance and database
App Dev: Developing a Backend Service - Java
In this lab, you develop a backend service for an online Quiz application to process user feedback and save scores.
The Quiz application has two parts, the web application that will run in the first Cloud shell window and the worker application that runs in the second Cloud Shell window.
- Web application: manages the logic of sending the user's feedback to a pub/sub topic.
- Worker application: listens to the feedback provided by the user to eventually perform sentiment analysis and store them in a database (Cloud Spanner).
This process takes advantage of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products and services:
Cloud Pub/Sub: The Topic alerts and provides the subscribing worker application to new scores and feedback for analysis.
Cloud Natural Language: Provides sentiment analysis on the feedback.
Cloud Spanner: Database for the Quiz application.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.