Automating AWS Services with Scripting and the AWS CLI
SPL-46 - Version 2.0.13
© 2020 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited. All trademarks are the property of their owners.
Corrections, feedback, or other questions? Contact us at AWS Training and Certification.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a collection of digital infrastructure services that developers can leverage when developing their applications. These services can be provisioned on-demand via multiple methods, such as automatically deploying services based on a schedule and intelligently responding to infrastructure events.
This lab demonstrates how to automate AWS by showing three way to access and manage AWS services:
AWS Management Console: This is a web application for managing Amazon Web Services. The console provides an intuitive user interface for performing many AWS tasks, such as working with Amazon S3 buckets, launching Amazon EC2 instances, and setting Amazon CloudWatch alarms.
AWS Command Line Interface (CLI): The AWS CLI is a unified tool to manage your AWS services. With just one tool to download and configure, you can control multiple AWS services from the command line and automate them through scripts.
AWS Software Development Kit (SDK): AWS provides SDKs for numerous programming languages including Java, .NET, PHP, Go and Ruby. Using an SDK, you can build applications on top of Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. This lab will use the SDK for the Python scripting language.
This lab covers:
- Using the AWS CLI to access and manage AWS services from the command line
- Using the AWS SDK to programmatically access and manage AWS services
- Configuring security for the AWS CLI
Technical knowledge prerequisites
- Familiarity with command-line interfaces
- A general understanding of scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of AWS Services including Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by choosing
This starts the process of provisioning your lab resources. An estimated amount of time to provision your lab resources is displayed. You must wait for your resources to be provisioned before continuing.
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
- Open your lab by choosing
This automatically logs you in to the AWS Management Console.
Do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common Login Errors
Error: Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Choose again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Choose click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Choose again
이 실습의 나머지 부분과 기타 사항에 대해 알아보려면 Qwiklabs에 가입하세요.
- Amazon Web Services 콘솔에 대한 임시 액세스 권한을 얻습니다.
- 초급부터 고급 수준까지 200여 개의 실습이 준비되어 있습니다.
- 자신의 학습 속도에 맞춰 학습할 수 있도록 적은 분량으로 나누어져 있습니다.