Configure a Firewall and a Startup Script with Deployment Manager
For this Challenge Lab you must complete a series of tasks within a limited time period. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you'll be given a scenario and task - you figure out how to to complete it on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
To score 100% you must complete all tasks within the time period!
When you take a Challenge Lab, you will not be taught Google Cloud concepts. You'll need to use your advanced Compute Engine skills to assess how to build the solution to the challenge presented. This lab is only recommended for students who have Compute Engine skills. Are you up for the challenge?
- Configure a deployment template to include a startup script
- Configure a deployment template to add a firewall rule allowing http traffic
- Configure a deployment template to add a networking tag to a compute instance
- Deploy a configuration using Deployment Manager
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
A new Deployment Manager deployment has been created
The deployment includes a virtual machine that has an embedded startup-script
The virtual machine that has a startup-script also has a tag item called http
A firewall rule exists that allows port 80 (http) traffic and is applied using a tag with a value of http
The virtual machine responds to web requests using the Apache web server
Check that Deployment manager includes startup script and firewall resources