Create a service account and a key (SA Name: terraform)
Grant your Service Account the Owner role on your project
Create and configure a GCS bucket
Run Terraform for the first time
Add a subnet
Allow https traffic
Create an image from the boot disk
Deploy the VM using Terraform
VM Migration: Planning
Google Cloud’s four steps structured Cloud Migration Path Methodology provides a defined, repeatable migration path for users to follow:
Assess the current environment to gain a solid understanding of existing resources and define migration move groups.
Plan how to move your apps and create the basic cloud infrastructure for your workloads to live. This planning includes identity management, organization and project structure, networking, sorting your apps and developing a prioritized migration strategy.
Deploy the existing on-premise or cloud-based servers in Google Cloud leveraging one of Google Cloud’s recommended migration tools like Google’s Velostrata or CloudEndure’s Live Migration Tool
Optimize your newly migrated workloads to realize the true cost benefits and operational efficiencies that Google Cloud can bring to the enterprise
This lab focuses on the “Plan” phase and how to deploy your basic infrastructure on Google Cloud.
What you'll learn
Terraform is a popular open-source tool for defining and provisioning infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code). In this lab, you'll leverage pre-built Infrastructure as Code templates to setup a cloud network, configure access, and deploy your first application—all in a secure and automated fashion.
More specifically, you will learn how to:
- Create access credentials for automation in Google Cloud.
- Create a functional environment for using Terraform.
- Create a custom mode Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network, with related firewall rules.
- Bake an image on Compute Engine.
- Deploy an instance onto Compute Engine using Terraform.
- Reference resources across multiple Terraform deployments.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.