Clean up Unused and Orphaned Persistent Disks
In this lab, you will use Cloud Functions and Cloud Scheduler to identify and clean up wasted cloud resources. In this case, you will schedule the Cloud Function to identify and clean up unattached and orphaned persistent disks.
What you'll do
- Create two persistent disks.
- Create a VM that uses one of the disks.
- Detach the disk from the VM.
- Review the Cloud Function code.
- Deploy the Cloud Function.
- Test the Cloud Function by using Cloud Scheduler jobs.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create Persistent Disk
Create a VM instance with Persistent Disk
Detach the orphaned disk from the VM
Deploy the Cloud Function
Create a Cloud Scheduler task to run the Cloud Function
Test the job by manually triggering it