Create GKE Cluster (zone: us-central1-b) and grant gkehub.connect role permissions to it
Install Anthos Service Mesh
Deploying a BookInfo application
Installing Anthos Service Mesh on Google Kubernetes Engine
Istio is an open source framework for connecting, securing, and managing microservices. It can be used with any services, including but not limited to services that are hosted in a Kubernetes cluster. Istio lets you create a network of deployed services with load balancing, service-to-service authentication, monitoring, and more, without requiring any changes in service code.
As one example - in reliable distributed systems, it's common for a system to want to retry a request after a failure, possibly with an exponential backoff delay. There are libraries for Java, Golang and NodeJS that do this. However, employing them within the app means each different app will need to solve that problem independently. The Istio sidecar could do this for the app, automatically.
Anthos Service Mesh
Anthos Service Mesh (ASM) is powered by Istio. With Anthos Service Mesh, you get an Anthos tested, fully supported, distribution of Istio, letting you create and deploy a service mesh with Anthos GKE, whether your cluster is operating in Google Cloud or on-premises.
You can use included configuration profiles with recommended settings customized for either Google Kubernetes Engine or Anthos GKE on-prem.
Finally, Anthos Service Mesh has a suite of additional features and tools that help you observe and manage secure, reliable services in a unified way:
- Service metrics and logs for HTTP(S) traffic within your mesh's GKE cluster are automatically ingested to Google Cloud.
- Preconfigured service dashboards give you the information you need to understand your services.
- In-depth telemetry lets you dig deep into your metrics and logs, filtering and slicing your data on a wide variety of attributes.
- Service-to-service relationships at a glance help you understand who connects to which service and the services that each service depends on.
- Service Level Objectives (SLOs) provide insights into the health of your services. You can easily define an SLO and alert on your own standards of service health.
Anthos Service Mesh is the easiest and richest way to implement an Istio-based service mesh on your Anthos clusters.
In this lab, you will install Anthos Service Mesh on a GKE cluster.
In this lab, you will learn how to perform the following tasks:
Provision a cluster on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
Install and configure Anthos Service Mesh
Deploy Bookinfo, an Istio-enabled multi-service application
Enable external access using an Istio Ingress Gateway
Use the Bookinfo application
Monitor service performance with the Anthos Service Mesh Dashboard
Bergabunglah dengan Qwiklabs untuk membaca tentang lab ini selengkapnya... beserta informasi lainnya!
- Dapatkan akses sementara ke Google Cloud Console.
- Lebih dari 200 lab mulai dari tingkat pemula hingga lanjutan.
- Berdurasi singkat, jadi Anda dapat belajar dengan santai.